Do you love pizza rolls but don’t want to settle for frozen variants? If yes, then the recipe will help you make these rolls in the air fryer in a much healthier way. So you will be able to enjoy your favorite snack without having to worry about anything.
You can make pizza rolls in an air fryer in five simple steps:
- Prepare pizza dough on a surface.
- Spread pizza sauce and cheese on it.
- Make a roll of the prepared pizza.
- Cut it into smaller pieces.
- Put butter on them and fry them in the air fryer.
And within minutes, your pizza rolls will get ready.
If you wish to know the in-depth recipe and more information on making your pizza rolls tastier, read on. We will help you make the best pizza rolls in an air fryer.
Recipe For Pizza Rolls In Air Fryer
Preparing pizza rolls is as convenient as watching its recipe video or reading this article. It will only take you a bit of time, and the final product will be worth all efforts. You can begin the process by gathering all the ingredients in one place. These include:
- Pizza Dough: This is the ingredient where you will get a choice. You can either bring ready-made pizza dough from the store or make it at home. There are some exceptionally easy homemade pizza dough recipes available on the internet. Those will help you out.
- Pizza Sauce: Here again, you can prepare the marinara sauce at home or bring it from the store. It depends on your preference.
- Cheese: As per your choice, you can select different kinds of cheese for your recipe.
- Butter: This can be replaced with oil if you prefer vegan food.
- Basil Leaves: These aren’t necessary, but they will enhance both the appearance and taste of your pizza rolls.
Once you grab all these ingredients, you can follow these simple steps to make the rolls.
Step 1: Dough Preparation
Store-bought pizza dough comes already rolled out. So you will only need to spread it on an even surface. In case you have prepared the dough at home, you will need to roll it out thin with a rolling pin. The shape should be rectangular, and the thickness should be approximately 1/4th inch.
Step 2: Sauce and Cheese
After rolling the dough out, you need to spread the marinara sauce on it. Remember to leave ½ inches off from the edges. It will help in making rolls further. On top of the sauce, add a layer of cheese. If you want to add a little twist, you can add more toppings here, such as onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives, etc.
Step 3: Make Roll
From the longer side of the dough, you need to make a tight roll. At this point, you need to make sure that no filling spills out of the roll. Otherwise, the next step will become messy, and your rolls won’t turn out flawless. You also need to pinch the sides to help seal the dough.
Step 4: Cut
Once you make the roll of your entire dough, the next step is to cut it into smaller pieces. The pieces should be small enough to stay intact when you keep them straight. While you complete this step, you can put your air fryer to preheat at 325 degrees Fahrenheit and use parchment paper to line its tray.
Step 5: Air Fry
Finally, you need to put your cut out pizza rolls onto the lined air fryer tray. Remember to leave approximately 3-4 inches of space between each piece of the roll. These pieces will rise when you cook them, and the gap will ensure that they don’t stick to each other.
Then mix some garlic powder with melted butter and brush it on the sides and top of your pizza rolls. At last, you need to put the tray in your air fryer to cook them for about 12-15 minutes. In case you want your rolls to be crispier, you can keep fry them for longer. Once done, you can garnish them with basil leaves and serve.
All this will take only a bit of time to prepare. So you need not spend the entire day in the kitchen to make some fantastic snacks.
Pizza Roll Cooking Tips
While the recipe for making pizza rolls in an air fryer may seem simple, there are still some tips you can follow. These will help you make your snack even tastier and impressive.
#1 Don’t Overstuff
A common mistake people make here is that they overstuff the fillings. They think that having extra fillings will make their snack more delicious. However, that isn’t the case. Instead, the overstuffed pizza dough becomes soggy and doesn’t roll appropriately. That is why you need to keep the layer thin enough so that the dough can get rolled without any hassle.
#2 Chop Your Stuffing Well
Along with avoiding overstuffing, you also need to finely chop all the vegetables you put in the roll. It will ensure that your filling doesn’t tear the dough out.
#3 Don’t Overcook
An air fryer cooks the food quickly. So your pizza rolls will get burnt if you leave them for too long in the appliance. For this reason, it is best to take out the rolls as soon as they become golden brown. Anything more than this won’t turn out good.
#4 Try Vegan
If you are a vegan food lover, you can also turn this recipe into vegan. For this, you will have to replace the cheese with vegan cheese. Plus, you need to add olive oil instead of butter. In case you buy your sauce and dough from the store, you can check them for vegan tags.
#5 Handle Them Carefully
Pizza rolls, just out of the air fryer, are exceptionally hot. That is why you need to handle them carefully and don’t touch them directly. Else you will end up burning your hand.
#6 Try Seasoning
If you want to spice up your rolls a bit, you can try different seasonings. These can get added either as a filling, with the butter, or with the garnishing. It will add some more taste to your pizza rolls.
Freezing The Pizza Rolls
The benefit of these pizza rolls is that you can also freeze them for later use. As these are made at home, they will still remain good after freezing. Hence, you need not worry about nutrition or any other factor. The steps you need to follow here are:
- After air frying the pizza rolls, you have to let them cool completely before freezing them. In case you don’t take care of their temperature, they won’t remain edible after freezing.
- Once they reach room temperature, you can wrap them up in paper towel sheets and put them in a ziplock or freezer-safe bag.
- Finally, store them in your freezer for as much time as you want.
When you want to eat the pizza rolls again, you can put them in the air fryer at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately four minutes. This reheating will make the rolls as fresh as new. It means you can prepare the rolls once and enjoy them whenever you wish to.
We hope all these details will help you make the perfect pizza rolls at home. Some people prefer to bring frozen pizza rolls from the store and heat them to enjoy. While it is a great option, it certainly lacks freshness. Therefore, you should try making these rolls at home with the given recipe. The two significant benefits here will be:
- Your rolls will be fresh. Plus, you can store them for further use, and they will still remain fresh to eat.
- Secondly, you won’t have to spend hours making rolls. It will only take a bit of time to prepare them, and then you can enjoy them with your family.
Both adults and kids in your house will love these rolls. So do try them out.