- How To Use Parchment Paper In an Air Fryer?
- Reasons Why Perforated Parchment Paper Is A Good For Air Fryer
- Advantages Of Using Air Fryer
- How Do You Make A Perforated Paper Liner?
- Can You Put A Paper Towel In An Air Fryer?
- What Is In The Parchment Paper?
- How Do You Tell If It Is Parchment Paper?
An air fryer is a great way to cook your food in a healthy and safe manner. There is only a little use of oil, which makes it ideal for people who wish to steer clear from excessive oil in their food. Although less, there is a certain use of oil in cooking with an air fryer. This can cause the basket to become greasy, and one of the best ways to avoid that is using parchment paper. In this article, we help you find the best way to use parchment paper in the air fryer.
How To Use Parchment Paper In an Air Fryer?
You can use perforated parchment paper in the air fryer. These come with tiny holes in them, which helps in maintaining proper airflow. This is a safer alternative for people who do not want to use aluminum paper due to fear of particles getting into the food.
Perforated parchment paper can fit at the bottom of the basket of your air fryer and give you mess-free cooking. Once the food is done, just pull it up from the parchment paper. Using parchment paper in the air fryer is quite easy, and here are some tips that will help you make the best use of it:
- Do not cover the entire basket with the line as the holes at the bottom facilitates proper airflow and ensures proper cooking. This is why perforated papers are perfect.
- Do not use parchment paper at the bottom of the pan. Instead, only use them within the cooking basket.
- Lastly, use the parchment paper when you have put food on top of it. If there is nothing to weigh it down, the paper will be sucked into the heating unit and result in fire.
Before using parchment paper in your air fryer, make sure that you read the manual. Whether it’s paper, foil, or any kind of food, you should check properly to add anything to it. Although generally, all air fryers are compatible with perforated paper, you should still look at whether or not the manufacturer advises differently.
Reasons Why Perforated Parchment Paper Is A Good For Air Fryer
There are many reasons why you should be using perforated parchment for air fryer:
- One of the main reasons to use parchment paper is that it keeps your food from sticking on the baskets or wire racks. When you layer your basket with parchment paper, it makes it easier to take the food out from the fryer.
- Using parchment paper means you do not have to worry about cleaning a big mess afterward. Just take the food along with the parchment paper, and you are good.
- Delicate food such as fish comes off easier when you have parchment paper-lined underneath. Moreover, it will also ensure that your fish does tear up while taking out.
- When you have lined parchment paper on the basket of your air fryer, you can not regularly go in scrubs to clean the interior. This helps in making sure that there is less in reducing the wear and tear.
- Depending on the manufacturer, the air fryer is safe between 400-degree Fahrenheit and 450-degree Fahrenheit (205-degree Celsius and 230-degree Celsius). So when you directly put your food on the air fryer’s basket, it may cause burning. So you can use parchment paper instead to protect your food burning.
- Lastly, you can use parchment papers in your cooking more often as they are quite affordable. So you get all these benefits.
Advantages Of Using Air Fryer
Following are some of the reasons why you should use an air fryer:
● Low Fat
When it comes to cooking air fryers, you do not have to add much oil while frying frozen food. All you have to do is take it out from the freezer and place it directly into the air fryer. Thereafter, adjust the temperature as well as a timer. Excess fat from the food items simply drips below the cooking basket.
● Easier And Convenient Cooking
Cooking using an air fryer is quite an easy process. You will come across two types of air fryers – the mesh bottom cooking basket with a drip tray and the bowl and stirring paddle. Additionally, some of these air fryers come with their own set of accessories.
All you need to do is put the food ingredients into the cooking bowl. Moreover, you can just stir or toss the food a couple of times and take the food out once done. This frees up a lot of time, which you can use to do other chores.
● Safe Way Of Cooking
The air fryer comes with tons of safety features that make cooking easier and more efficient. Generally, you will find auto shut down features. So when the cooking is done completely, it will power off automatically. Such features significantly mitigate the risk of burning or overheating the food. Additionally, the machines also feature non-slip feet, minimizing the risk of the machine sliding from the countertop and falling down.
The enclosed cooking system makes sure there is less splatter while cooking, thereby keeping things clean. Furthermore, it will also reduce the risk of being scalded by hot oil. Air fryers that come with ETL certification ascertain the machine complies with all important safety standards.
● Easy to Clean
Air fryers are extremely easy to clean as most of them are safe to be used in a dishwasher. And if you do not have a dishwasher, simply soak the basket and rub gently using a cleaning sponge to get rid of all the food particles. If you line the bowl with parchment paper, the cleaning becomes easier as you can just take the paper out with the food and wipe the bottom with a clean towel. This will save you a lot of time and effort in maintaining an air fryer. Considering that you do not have rub on it occasionally, you will be adding to the durability of the product.
How Do You Make A Perforated Paper Liner?
If you only have regular parchment paper at your home, you can use it to make perforated paper for the air fryer. Here are some steps that you can use to make perforated paper liner at home:
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to a size that will fit within the basket of your air fryer. Make sure to leave some around the edges to facilitate airflow.
- From the paper roll, cut a stack of around 10 to 20 sheets in order to make liners.
- Stack your cut parchment paper on top of each other.
- Lastly, use a hole punch or rotary cutter to add consistent holes on the parchment paper. Make sure you have breathable enough in the parchment paper liners. This will ensure that your food cooks more evenly by maintaining proper airflow.
Can You Put A Paper Towel In An Air Fryer?
It is not recommended that you put a paper towel in your air fryer. You should only use a paper towel to season the surface in order to protect the food from sticking to the basket of your air fryer.
What Is In The Parchment Paper?
Parchment paper is primarily paper that has been coated with a silicone layer. This provides the paper a great non-sticky quality along with it making it water-resistant and heat resistant.
How Do You Tell If It Is Parchment Paper?
Wax paper feels like there is a layer of wax coating on it, and it will be but tacky. The paper looks transparent or see-through. On the other hand, parchment paper has a slightly see-through appearance along with a layer of silicone. Unlike wax paper, parchment paper does not feel sticky and has a dry touch.